E-Commerce In the NewsMay 4, 2018 in Distance Sales, Ecommerce, Ecommerce Tips, European VAT, French VAT, VAT
E-Commerce – In The News May 2018
A round-up of the latest and greatest e-commerce news stories this week
- EU Receives EU Green Light For Real-Time VAT Reporting
By Ulrika Lomas
On the 19th April 2018, the European Union authorized Italy to introduce mandatory electronic reporting obligations on all taxable persons. They are introduced this in a bid to tackle tax fraud, which has become a hot topic for the EU.
Read the full article https://www.tax-news.com/news/Italy_Receives_EU_Green_Light_For_RealTime_VAT_Reporting____76753.html
- Clarity Call on VAT on Cross-border Trade after Brexit
By John Campbell
The UK government has been urged to what arrangements it will put into action for the collection of VAT on cross-border trade post-Brexit.
As currently the UK is considered as part of the single EU vat area. After Brexit, it could be considered a third country. Officials are calling for clarity as the relationship with the EU on matters of VAT remains unclear. The decision could have a huge impact on trade in the UK and Ireland.
Read the full article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43865352
- Concerns Raised Over Proposed E-services VAT amendments
By Amanda Visser
Various concerns have been raised in regard to the impact of electronic services in the latest proposed amendments to VAT.
The new regulations could affect electronic services through the internet including software services, advertising, broadcasting and website hosting to name a few.
Read the full article https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/business-and-economy/2018-04-30-concerns-raised-over-proposed-e-services-vat-amendments/
- 6 Tips to Skyrocket Ecommerce Conversions On Your Site
By Syed Balkhi
Growing a profitable business can be tough. Syed Balki for Entrepreneur.com looks at how you can boost your e-commerce conversions and boost sales.
Read the full article https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/312549
Our top story this week: Amazon Wants to Buy Indian E-commerce company Flipkart
By Daniel Keyes
- E-commerce giant Amazon has made a bid for approximately 60% of Indian company Flipkart
- Amazon is battling Walmart for the offer of the Indian e-tailer
- Whoever wins control will dominate the Indian e-commerce which is set to continue to grow
- It has been cited that the Indian e-commerce market could overtake China
To see the full article: http://uk.businessinsider.com/amazon-makes-offer-on-flipkart-2018-5
We here to help! If you have any questions get in touch or schedule a call with our helpful team